I am working in our school library this summer, and I am already seeing where most of my time is needed and requested -- technology "issues." I have been asked to help teachers set up websites and create resources online to help facilitate research with their students. One tool that I really love is called, "Only2clicks." This web tool is essentially an online bookmarking took, much like a portaportal (if you are familiar with that). But only2clicks is much more visually-appealing to me because it captures the picture of the home webpage and uses that picture as a bookmark.
Click here for a short tutorial on what only2clicks can do.
I can see where I'm really going to have to be on top of all Web2.0 tools when I do become a full-time librarian. This particular site I will use often because I think it gives instant visual recognition for the sites that we need for our research.
This is a good example of a library's only2clicks.
2 comments:
I love this site! We use Portaportal at our school but I agree this is better visually. Another site I though about that might be good to help kids organize there work is pinterest.com. I need to play with it a little more but I think for kids who are really visual or for art classes it would be good. If someone has used it before or can check it out let me know what you think about using it with some students?
Oh my, I LOVE this site, too! Thanks for sharing - it is amazing. I have officially made it my Homepage and gotten rid of all my homepage tabs. I don’t need them any longer with this as my homepage.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.